HEAVY CIVIL STEEL ESTIMATOR
401K, Dental, Life, Medical
We are looking for a Senior Civil Estimator to join our team. The ideal candidate is an innovative individual who can work effectively in a highly collaborative, team-based environment; is approachable, empathetic and outgoing; and is able to establish and maintain relationships.
10-15 years’ experience estimating for a self-perform civil contractor in areas such as: Bridges, Highways, Tunnels, Foundations, Utilities, Clean and Wastewater Treatment Plants.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct thorough analysis of drawings and specifications, ensuring all required information is provided
- Define and quantify scopes of work, perform detail project cost estimates, using estimating software HCSS
- Preform quantity take offs and detailed scope review
- Research selected products for cost and constructability, prepare estimates by calculating various statistical data such as quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor costs per man-hour, equipment costs and applying to complete scope of work
- Solicit sub-contractor pricing and bids for different trades
- Review progress and construction documents for constructability
- Offer ideas and concepts regarding alternate details and materials for specific areas and/or trades
- Present value engineering options and costs
- Present estimating productions and scheduling
- Provide instructions and forms and sends to subcontractors
- Review subcontractor bids for exclusions, redundancies and discrepancies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to price multiple projects at one time
- A or B.S in Engineering or Construction Management
- 10- 15+ years of Civil Construction Estimating
- Must be able to understand and present full scope of project
- Strong understanding of the greater NY, NJ, CT construction markets
- Demonstrated math and computer skills – High aptitude in the use of Excel, AutoCAD, AGTEK on-screen takeoff, ISQFT.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions (with or without reasonable accommodation):
Sit and/or stand for extended periods. Have manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination needed to use a variety of office equipment such as computer, telephones, calculators, copiers and drafting equipment. Have vision in order to review plans, and perform other essential functions of the job. Must be able to walk on uneven terrain at construction sites, etc.
About YONKERS CONTRACTING COMPANY, INC.:
Founded in 1946, Yonkers Contracting Company is a regional full service general contractor headquartered in Yonkers, New York. Our core lines of business include transportation (highways, bridges, intermodal facilities), energy and environmental, water and wastewater, and commercial development. The YCC team is made up of highly trained and experienced management, engineering and technical professionals known for innovative problem solving, in-depth construction expertise and solid customer focus.
Yonkers Contracting Company, Inc. (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, alienage, marital or partnership status, familial status, caregiver status, pregnancy and related medical conditions, status as a veteran or active military service member, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence, or stalking, credit history, salary history, unemployment status, protected political activities, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, and the Company follows the requirements of applicable law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.